The purpose of the PlatformOne™ Data Quality Analyser is to monitor the data that you’re sending out, watching out for discrepancies, and gathering general statistics. The central concept is that of a checklist. Each checklist can be applied to either a set of records or an entire dataset.
Here are some of the checks you can ask it to perform:
- Calculate average spread
- Calculate high and low
- Calculate maximum and minimum
- Calculate average update rate
- Check spread (against either an absolute or percentage tolerance, either fixed or taken from another field)
- Watch for idle (if no change is made to a rate for a pre-specified length of time)
- Watch for empty updates (updates with no changes to any of a specified set of fields)
- Log every tick
You can decide whether you want these checks applied at regular intervals (say, every 5 minutes) and/or over the whole of the working day.